Our firm provides over half a century of combined experience in business and commercial law, representing startups, established businesses and nonprofits in all of their legal matters and concerns.
If you are starting a business or need help resolving a legal concern of your existing business, contact Schiffman, Sheridan & Brown, P.C.
Pennsylvania Business Law Services
Here are some examples of the business law services we provide:
- Formation of S corporations, limited liability corporations and partnerships
- Formation of nonprofit organizations
- Serving as outside counsel for businesses that do not have their own in-house legal department
- Advising nonprofits such as the West Pennsylvania Conservancy, the National Wildlife Federation and Families United Network
- Commercial real estate
- Zoning cases
- Legal services for real estate developers
- Business litigation (both defending businesses that are being sued and representing businesses as plaintiffs)
- Contract disputes
- Business valuation
- Sales tax claims
- Tax abatement
- Real estate assessment challenges
- Real estate litigation – residential and commercial
- Estate taxes and estate planning
Legal services provided by our firm on business and commercial law cases are usually billed on an hourly basis with certain minimum charges. We are committed to providing quality legal services to our clients at competitive hourly rates. Our clients receive itemized monthly invoices.
Steven J. Schiffman has a LLM in tax law and handles complex commercial and non-profit organization matters as well as real estate transactions.
John Sheridan, also a certified public accountant (CPA) brings his expertise in tax to complex commercial and business transactions.
Attorney F.R. (“Ric”) Martsolf concentrates his practice in the field of real estate and land use law, including the development of commercial and residential communities as condominium and planned community developments. Having served as both a member of and counsel to local zoning hearing boards, he has gained a unique insight in the municipal process of subdivision and land development approval.
Merritt C. Reitzel practices general litigation, including commercial and real estate law.