Schiffman, Sheridan & Brown, P.C. provides legal services in state and federal taxation; personal injury, Social Security disability and Veterans’ Assistance Claims; family law including divorce, child custody, support and protection from abuse; employment discrimination, real estate; non profit and for-profit corporations; estate planning and taxation; bankruptcy for debtors and creditors, both personal and business.
Few law firms can bring together a team of attorneys with the depth and breadth of Schiffman, Sheridan & Brown, P.C.:
- Steven J. Schiffman concentrates his practice in the fields of business law, taxation, estate planning and administration, and non-profit corporation law. He also provides counsel in the areas of general litigation, real estate, personal injury and worker’s compensation.
- Michael Brown as the lead partner in Pennsylvania Social Security disability and veteran’s administration claims offers a solid understanding of the Social Security system, and previously served as an attorney for the Social Security Administration. To date, he has represented thousands of clients, many referred by other attorneys who recognize his experience in this practice area.
- John D. Sheridan served as past President of the Dauphin County Bar Association and is a past President of the South Central Chapter of the Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accounts. John concentrates in business, taxation, estate planning and administration. He is a CPA, holds a Masters in Taxation, and is certified Fraud Auditor.
- F.R.(“Ric”) Martsolf concentrates in complex real estate and business transactions.
- Neil E. Hendershot concentrates his practice in the areas of elder law, personal and estate planning, estate and trust administration, and Orphan’s Court (Pa probate court) litigation. He writes the “PA Elder, Estate & Fiduciary Blog”.
- Deborah A. Hughes concentrates in complex bankruptcy matters. She is a ABI board certified consumer bankruptcy specialist and handles matters for debtors and creditors in business and personal bankruptcy cases.
- Tracy L. Updike practices bankruptcy law, with an emphasis on both debtor and creditor rights, which she believes gives her well-rounded perspective, and an advantage over her opposition.
- Merritt C. Reitzel practices corporate/business and real estate law, as well as general litigation, including commercial, construction, and contract disputes. She advises local and statewide land trusts in the establishment, interpretation, assignment, and enforcement of conservation and historic preservation easements, and provides counsel in the area of non-profit corporation law.
- Carol L. Verish practices in the areas of corporate/business and real estate law, and provides support in the area of Pennsylvania Orphans’ Court (Probate Court) practice.
- Bret P. Shaffer concentrates in the areas of Family Law, Municipal and Land Use Law, Bankruptcy Law and General Litigation.
- Andrew T. Schiffman is admitted to both the Pennsylvania and California bars. He concentrates in the areas of intellectual property (trademark and copyright), business law, wills and estates.
At Schiffman, Sheridan & Brown, P.C., our goal is to provide you with personal service by an attorney who focuses on the specific area of law that applies to your case. At the same time, if your needs are varied and complex, we can coordinate your legal services with another firm attorney who can expedite and provide any related service you may need.
For example, if you have a divorce case involving business assets, we can provide you services of both a family law attorney and a business law attorney to provide you a legal team that is highly competent and experienced in both areas of law.
Our attorneys are active members of the Pennsylvania Bar Association, various county bar associations as well as many specialty groups such as:
- PA BAR Association
- The PA Trial Lawyers Association
- The Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- The Federal Bar Association
- The National Organization of Social Security Claimants’ Representatives
- The Injured Workers Federation and others
- National Employment Lawyers Association
- Dauphin City Bar Association
Do you have a case? Call us today to schedule your consultation – 717-540-9170.