Schiffman, Sheridan & Brown, P.C. provides legal services in state and federal taxation; personal injury; family law including divorce, child custody, support and protection from abuse; employment discrimination, real estate; nonprofit and for-profit corporations; estate planning and taxation; probate of estates; bankruptcy for debtors and creditors, both personal and business; and real estate and business transactions.
Few law firms can bring together a team of attorneys with the depth and breadth of Schiffman, Sheridan & Brown, P.C.:
- Steven J. Schiffman holds an LLM in Taxation and concentrates his practice in the fields of business law, taxation, estate planning and administration, and non-profit corporation law. He also provides counsel in the areas of general litigation, real estate,and personal injury.
- Lori K. Serratelli concentrates her practice in family law, employment law, Orphans Court matters, wills, powers of attorney and health care powers of attorney. Additionally she is principal in Serratelli Dispute Resolutions, L.L.C. which offers mediation and arbitration services in family matters, employment disputes, Orphans Court matter including probate and trust disputes and personal injury matters.
- Michael F. Brown is retired from the practice of law and is serving of counsel to the firm.
- John D. Sheridan served as past President of the Dauphin County Bar Association and is a past President of the South Central Chapter of the Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accounts. John concentrates in business, taxation, estate planning and administration. He is a CPA, holds a Masters in Taxation, and is certified Fraud Auditor.
- F.R.(“Ric”) Martsolf concentrates in complex real estate and business transactions.
- Neil E. Hendershot concentrates his practice in the areas of elder law, personal and estate planning, estate and trust administration, and Orphan’s Court (Pa probate court) litigation. He writes the “PA Elder, Estate & Fiduciary Blog”.
- Deborah A. Hughes concentrates in complex bankruptcy matters. She is a ABI board certified consumer bankruptcy specialist and handles matters for debtors and creditors in business and personal bankruptcy cases.
- Merritt C. Reitzel concentrates in general litigation, conservation easements and appellate practice.
- Tracy L. Updike practices bankruptcy law, with an emphasis on both debtor and creditor rights, which she believes gives her well-rounded perspective, and an advantage over her opposition.
- Carol L. Verish practices in the areas of corporate/business and real estate law, and provides support in the area of Pennsylvania Orphans’ Court (Probate Court) practice.
- Bret P. Shaffer concentrates in the areas of Family Law, Municipal and Land Use Law, Bankruptcy Law and General Litigation.
- Andrew T. Schiffman is admitted to both the Pennsylvania and California bars. He concentrates in the areas of intellectual property (trademark and copyright), business law, wills and estates.
At Schiffman, Sheridan & Brown, P.C., our goal is to provide you with personal service by an attorney who focuses on the specific area of law that applies to your case. At the same time, if your needs are varied and complex, we can coordinate your legal services with another firm attorney who can expedite and provide any related service you may need.
For example, if you have a divorce case involving business assets, we can provide you services of both a family law attorney and a business law attorney to provide you a legal team that is highly competent and experienced in both areas of law.
Our attorneys are active members of the Pennsylvania Bar Association, as well as many specialty groups such as:
- The Federal Bar Association
- National Employment Lawyers Association
- Dauphin County Bar Association
- Middle District Bankruptcy Bar Association
Do you have a case? Call us today to schedule your consultation – 717-540-9170.